Your Appeal Is Your Last Best Chance To Right A Wrong

Photo of Scott M. Davidson

Appealing Federal Drug Crime Convictions

Your defense against federal drug crime charges did not go as well as you had hoped. You have been convicted of a serious federal felony offense involving controlled substances. Although the situation looks dire, there is still hope. If your case is eligible for appeal, you could have another chance to change the outcome. However, you should not try to handle the appeal on your own, and you should not trust your appeal to a lawyer who does not have relevant experience. Appeals are not the same as trials; they require specific knowledge and experience.

I have the knowledge and experience needed to appeal your federal drug crime conviction. With more than 20 years of experience handling all types of federal criminal appeals throughout the state of New Mexico and nationally, I know how to handle appeals of this kind, and I know how to win. The Law Office Of Scott M. Davidson is a trusted name in federal criminal appeals.

Federal Drug Crimes

Generally, any drug crime charge can be prosecuted in federal court. Possession of illegal drugs, the transfer of drug paraphernalia, and drug trafficking are prime examples.

In most cases when a criminal drug charge is tried under federal law rather than state law, it is because it involves interstate commerce. Drug trafficking is most commonly a federal charge because it usually involves crossing illegal drugs over state lines. Other federal charges come as a result of simply being caught and arrested by a federal officer.

Whatever the cause of the federal charges, if you have been convicted, you should look into the possibility of an appeal.  With a successful appeal, you can possibly have the charges totally reversed, avoiding fines and prison.

Contact Me Today

Federal drug charges are extremely serious. If you have been convicted of a federal drug charge, let me look at your case record to determine whether your case could be eligible for an appeal. Call me at 505-420-5365 or fill out the online contact form today.