Your Appeal Is Your Last Best Chance To Right A Wrong

Photo of Scott M. Davidson

Fight Back After A Sex Crime Conviction

A conviction for a sex-related crime can be catastrophic for your life. If you’ve been convicted, you probably already know the sentence, which could include prison time, fines and the sex offender registry.  After a conviction for a sex-related crime, you are left with another chance to avoid prison: an appeal.  Winning an appeal is no simple matter, and many appellate filings are not accepted by the court.  It takes knowledge and experience to get a conviction overturned on appeal.

At Just Appeals, The Law Office Of Scott M. Davidson, Attorney Scott M. Davidson has more than 20 years representing clients throughout New Mexico in state felony criminal appeals, including those involving sex crimes.  I have helped many people just like you overturn convictions for various sex crimes. Although a conviction for a sex crime might seem bleak, there might be a way to get your conviction reversed.

Handling A Range Of Sex Crime Appeals

I represent clients convicted of:

  • Rape and sexual assault
  • Prostitution and solicitation
  • Child sexual assault
  • Possession of child pornography

This is just a small list of the types of convictions I take on appeal. If you have been convicted of any type of sex crime, I can help you.

Breaking Down The Case

Appellate law does not allow for new evidence or new witness testimony.  It is not a new trial. Appealing a case involves establishing some kind of legal error that occurred during the trial.

Errors can include:

  • Problems with evidence and pretrial motions
  • Problems with jury selection or jury instructions
  • Insufficient evidence
  • Misconduct by the prosecution
  • Ineffective representation from your trial lawyer

When errors are found in the transcripts and court records, an appeal can result in a new trial or possibly having the lower court’s decision reversed.

Contact An Experienced Appellate Lawyer

I know how to fight for you and to help you get the results you need. Call me at 505-420-5365 or fill out the online contact form to schedule a consultation with an experienced appellate attorney.